Join the Sarasota Youth Sailing Team!
SYS IS GROWING!
Our team is always looking for more coaches and substitute coaches.
If you meet the minimum standards listed below and are interested in joining our family, please reach out to us!
- US Sailing Level 1 and 2 Certified, with an interest in gaining Level 3 Certification
- NASBLA for the State of Florida
- First Aid, CPR, AED, SafeSport Certified
- Able to pass a state of Florida Level 2 background check
- Current and valid driver’s License
- Sailing experience within a youth racing and community sailing program
- 3+ previous coaching experience / team experience
- 5+ years operating a power boat
- Experience working with a fleet of small dinghy sailboats
- Experience planning regattas/being on race committee
- A good role model for youth
- Passionate about sailing, team player, hardworking
- Able to lift and move small sailboats on dollies
- Logistical and team management experience
- Strong communication skills, computer savvy, and professional demeanor
- Work closely with SYS staff and youth sailors
- Communicate regularly with families about their sailor’s progress
- Oversee SYS regatta calendar for your team(s) and management of regatta events
- Attendance at SYS practices and regattas
- Some traveling required
- Work closely with the Sailing Director
Please send resume to email@example.com attn: Megan Swick